Are there natural ways to prevent Wuhan coronavirus? The straight answer is there are no drugs to prevent COVID-19. But if we follow social distance then we can prevent it. Natural preventive measures are the same as those used to prevent colds and flu.
At this time we don’t know how far the threat from the Wuhan (China) coronavirus will go. Chinese authorities report that the virus mutates rapidly. And that it has already increased its infectious capacity, and that transmitters do not necessarily show symptoms of the disease.
Research to develop a vaccine is underway. But will not be available for a year, according to the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI).
Are There Natural Ways To Prevent Wuhan Coronavirus?
Currently, doctors suggesting existing antiviral drugs for COVID-19, of limited efficacy. And with other drugs that combat symptoms (fever, inflammation, pain).
Specialists recommend the same general preventive measures that you can take against colds and flu. You should avoid direct contact with people with symptoms and frequent hand washing.
At the moment, we can see there is a 3% mortality among affected people. The victims are usually older people, with some chronic disease or immunosuppression. So healthy and strong immune system people have less to fear. They can prevent or overcome the infection without sequelae.
Strengthening the immune system and using natural means with antiviral properties can be an effective strategy. And in our hands to prevent a possible infection or to fight the virus, if applicable.
HABITS THAT INCREASE RESISTANCE TO VIRUSES
A diet based on whole and natural products, with the presence of 5 to 10 daily of fruits and vegetables. Also, half of them fresh, allows the body’s defensive systems to function properly.
The rest night with enough quality sleep is essential to keep the number and activity of immune cells. It detects and eliminates viruses before they become a problem.
In addition, during the day it is convenient to make stops at work. And practice meditation, conscious breathing or some relaxation technique.
The exercise is also necessary. Physical activity strengthens immunity, improves circulation, and reduces inflammation. If there is no disease that contraindicates it, the minimum dose of exercise, even for the elderly, is 30 minutes, three days a week.
9 Plants With Antiviral Properties To Boost Your Immunity
In addition to these habits, certain foods and plants have proven antiviral properties.
- Oregano includes antiviral substances such as carvacrol in its composition. You can add it to sauces, stir-fries, and salads and also prepare an oil flavored with oregano to always have it at hand in your recipes.
- You can prepare an infusion with 15 g of dry leaves per liter of water.
- A traditional application of the properties of sage is home air purification.
- Holy basil or tulsi boosts immunity, which can help fight viral infections.
- In a 4-week study in 24 healthy adults, supplementation with 300 mg of holy basil extract significantly increased levels of T-cell helpers. And killers that help protect and defend your body from viral infections. The study was published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology.
- Fennel is a sweet-tasting plant that can fight certain viruses, thanks to compounds like transanetol. You can take fresh leaves and flowers and chopped and added to salads and sauces. With a teaspoon of dried seeds (5 g), you can prepare an infusion for 10 minutes. It is not for children or pregnant women.
- Garlic is an antiviral food par excellence. Its effectiveness against viruses has been proven in test tube studies. You can preserve the raw to take advantage of its qualities. If you are going to cook it, chop it half an hour before so that its active ingredients and enzymes are interested. In this way, it will retain a good part of its properties after being cooked.
You May Like: How Long After Wisdom Teeth Removal Can I Eat A Burger
You also Read
- Echinacea is one of the most widely used plants in herbal medicine to stimulate immunity.
- Elderberries are one of the great antiviral remedies in European natural medicine, traditionally used to treat colds and flu.
- A review of 4 studies with a total of 180 participants, published in Complementary Therapies Medicine, found that elderberry supplements alleviate upper respiratory tract symptoms caused by viral infections.
- The best remedy for the flu: elderberry syrup
- How to prepare elderberry syrup against flu and colds
- Licorice is one of the most specific plants for fighting flu and pneumonia viruses. Some studies found that, in a test tube, its active ingredients were capable of eliminating the SARS virus, similar and more serious than the Wuhan coronavirus.
- To prepare the infusion, cut a root stick into very thin slices, put a teaspoon of them in boiling water and keep them in decoction for a couple of minutes, then turn off the heat and wait 10 minutes before straining the water.
- Ginger has an impressive anti-inflammatory and antiviral activity thanks to its concentration of compounds such as gingerols and zingerone, which inhibit the replication of viruses and penetrate healthy cells.
- You can take a dry extract tablet or prepare an infusion with slices of fresh ginger.